CASAC or CASAC-T credentialed Substance Abuse / Vocational / Educational Counselor
Compensation: $51,130.00 - $79,090.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Education - Post Secondary
The Substance Abuse/Vocational/Education Counselor will enable people returning from incarceration in NYS prisons and NYC jails to fully participate in a recovery process by which they improve health and wellness, family connectivity, and social, economic, and community engagement.
- Participates in the development of a treatment and/or service plans, working with the clients and other affiliate professionals to set goals for success.
- Actively supports and observes clients in program participation, documenting progress and providing ongoing feedback to maintain client self-awareness.
- Provides supportive counseling to the client through crisis intervention; individual counseling; group support and case management. Share observations and assessments of individual clients with case management team.
- Offers interventions to reduce stress by organizing and accompanying clients on outings and recreational activities.
- Orients clients to the program, describes program objectives and provides ongoing training and educational material to clients and their family members.
- Increase clients adaptive coping and support developmental integrity by exploring alternative solutions to problems and increasing decision-making capacities.
- Assists clients gain insight into the ramifications of addition by planning educational interventions specific to the impact of substance dependency for clients and their family members.
- Maintains contacts with outside agencies to refer or obtain additional client services.
- Supervise/Monitor random and scheduled toxicology/urine screens of clients to assure appropriate abstinence compliance and to evaluate various degrees of substance use while in treatment.
- Report outcomes of toxicology results to immediate supervisor for clarity and clinical guidance. Responsible for signing of toxicology requisition forms necessary as part of the chain of command protocols for supervising, monitoring, handling and sealing of client toxicology samples.
- Conducts clients vocational assessments, assists with employment referrals, makes referrals for training and education, conducts vocational group and assesses clients status and willingness to change.
The candidate MUST possess a CASAC or CASAC-T credential.* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...