Mgr Environmental Svcs
Compensation: $92,540.00 - $134,240.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Non-Executive Management
- High School Diploma or equivalent, required. Knowledge of Business Administration or related field, as normally acquired through the completion of a Bachelor's Degree, required.
- Member of the National Executive Housekeeper Association with Registered Executive Housekeeper (REH) or Certified Executive Housekeeper (CEH) status, preferred.
- Minimum of five (5) years progressively responsible experience in an environmental services environment, required, including supervisory experience.
- Knowledge of JCAHO and OSHA regulations, required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, required.
Transforming care, optimizing patient satisfaction and creating better patient outcomes are just some of the things our talented team members are doing at North Shore-LIJ each and every day. As a culture committed to providing our customers with the highest quality service, we stand behind our core values: Patients first; Caring; Excellence; Innovation; Integrity and Teamwork. It is our commitment and our culture that sets us apart from others and is the cornerstone of everything we do. Join an organization whose team members are valued, cared for and offered continuous opportunities to grow. Click on the link to learn more about us: www.northshorelij.com/goals Please note: North Shore-LIJ is a smoke-free environment.
Smoking and the use of tobacco products is strictly prohibited anywhere on campus, including parking lots and outdoor areas on the premises. Free smoking cessation programs and quit medications are offered to team members who wish to quit through the North Shore-LIJ Center for Tobacco Control. Job Description
As the Manager of Environmental Services you will manage the staff and activities of the Environmental Services department. You will also coordinate, train and evaluate direct reports and collaborate with management in the review, development and monitoring of budgets.
- Manages the staff and activities of the Environmental Services department in maintaining department objectives, policies, procedures and standards.
- Hires, trains and evaluates direct reports. Ensures performance appraisals are completed in a timely fashion.
- Recommends staffing requirements to maintain adequate, competent staff. Prepares staff work schedules.
- Ensures all staff are orientated and trained regarding goals and objectives of the department.
- Prepares, conducts and organizes training programs, as necessary.
- Collaborates with management in the review, development and monitoring of department budgets including, staffing, equipment and supplies. Ensures adequate inventory of supplies and maintains par levels.
- Ensures facility inspections are conducted in accordance with established policies and procedures. Makes recommendations for corrective action and implements plans, as necessary.
- Responsible for selecting and testing equipment and supplies to ensure effectiveness and safety while maintaining costs.
Associated topics: account manager, business, contract, general manager, management, manager, office, operational, payable, sales representative
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...