Compensation: $23,850.00 - $29,720.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
The Madison Square Garden Company (MSG) is a world leader in live sports and entertainment experiences. The company presents or hosts a broad array of premier events in its diverse collection of iconic venues: New York s Madison Square Garden, Hulu Theater at Madison Square Garden, Radio City Music Hall and Beacon Theatre; the Forum in Inglewood, CA; and The Chicago Theatre. Other MSG properties include legendary sports franchises: the New York Knicks (NBA) and the New York Rangers (NHL); two development league teams the Westchester Knicks (NBAGL) and the Hartford Wolf Pack (AHL); and esports teams through Counter Logic Gaming, a leading North American esports organization, and Knicks Gaming, MSG s NBA 2K League franchise. In addition, the Company features the popular original production the Christmas Spectacular Starring the Radio City Rockettes and through Boston Calling Events, produces New England s preeminent Boston Calling Music Festival. Also under the MSG umbrella is TAO Group, a world-class hospitality group with globally-recognized entertainment dining and nightlife brands: Tao, Marquee, Lavo, Avenue, Beauty & Essex and Vandal. More information is available at www.themadisonsquaregardencompany.com
- Process cash and charge transactions for merchandise and food/beverage selling areas.
- Walking and selling various food, beverage & merchandise items throughout the theatre and front-of-house.
- Prepare display merchandise & sell products to patrons in a friendly and courteous manner.
- Assist merchandise, concession and bar asst. supervisors in the set-up of the assigned selling area.
- Verify cash bank, complete and sign a cashier s worksheet in the money room.
- Notify the asst. supervisors of product that requires replenishment during the course of an event.
- Assist patrons in their selection of merchandise by answering any questions they may have.
- Have a working knowledge of the theatre policies and important locations, i.e. restrooms, telephones, medical, security, etc.
- Answer and direct patrons in a courteous and professional manner.
- Assist asst. supervisor in the closing down of merchandise, concession and bar areas at the conclusion of an event.
- Verify actual cash total with signature.
- Participates in special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
- Maintains Health Dept. standards and executes the procedures in place.
- Strong communication skills with a focus on customer service.
- Must be able to handle transactions without a register.
- Must be comfortable with heights.
- Heavy lifting due to stocking of work areas.
- Must be able to complete daily and nightly inventory.
- Must be able to handle inclement weather, due to Hall doors being open.
- Flexibility in scheduling with the ability to work at least 4 days/nights a week including weekends and holidays.
- Must have strong communication skills with the ability to multi-task and partner with asst. supervisors to handle customer service issues.
- Must be flexible to rotate positions within a shift.
- This position is part time and event driven.
Candidates who have completed 60 credits of college-level coursework (representing 2 years), or have shown similar self-development through certifications, trade school coursework, etc. are preferred.
Educational requirements may differ from job to job based on the role.
At MSG we value diversity and are looking for extraordinary employees of all backgrounds! MSG is an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, sexual and reproductive health choices, national origin, citizenship, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. In addition to federal law requirements, MSG complies with all applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in all locations.
Associated topics: barista, cashier, drive thru, food runner, greeter, greeter seater cashier, pos, receptionist, retail cashier, valet
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...